I wanted to take a moment and reflect on all of my passed relatives that have suffered from cancer. Unfortunately, my family has had many people taken from us due to cancer. This subject is something that is so close to my heart and every time I think about it I get a little more somber. I wish there was a way to kick cancer in the butt and take it down! We as humans have overcome so many obstacles and have had so many scientific breakthroughs that it is almost frustrating to me that there isn’t something more we can do to get rid of cancer. This post to me is obviously very close to my heart and I wanted to share a couple of facts on cancer that I read on www.worldcancerday.org.
- “Cancer consitutures a major challenge to development, undermining social and economic advances throughout the world.”
- Cancer now accounts for more deaths worldwide than HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and malaria combined.
- If current trends continue cancer cases will increase by 81% by 2030
- Just two cancers (Cervical and breast) together account for over 750,000 deaths each year.
- The cost of cancer is estimated to reach $458 Billion per year in 2030.
- with few exceptions, early stage cnacers are less lethal and more treatable than late stage cancers
- In the U.S alone there are 12 million Americans living with cancer today.
Just remember be tested, stay healthy, and be there for those in your life who are suffering.
please visit www.worldcancerday.org for more information and donations.