Here is a little fun fact, according to peanut butter is a staple in 90% of American’s homes and the average person consumes over 6 pounds of peanut products each year. I can definitely say for myself that I cannot go a day without peanut butter. This is such a great little protein packed snack that everyone should enjoy (just don’t if you are allergic to it).
How I enjoy my peanut butter:
- On a spoon
- With an apple
- On some celery
- In the goodies I bake
- With my little munchkin Roo. I have to say that once my dog hears the peanut butter jar open, he knows its snack time for him too.
- On toast
- On graham crackers
- 1/2 cup crunchy natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped salted pretzels
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- Combine peanut butter and pretzels in a small bowl. Chill in the freezer until firm, about 15 minutes. Roll the peanut butter mixture into 20 balls (about 1 teaspoon each). Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper and freeze until very firm, about 1 hour. Roll the frozen balls in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
Per truffle: 64 calories; 4 g fat ( 1 g sat , 2 g mono ); 1 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 2 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 53 mg sodium; 65 mg potassium.
Favorite brands of Peanut butter:
- Skippy Natural Creamy Peanut butter is my go to peanut butter it has little oil on top and the perfect taste.
- PB2 is amazing! They slow roast the peanuts and and press them to make a powder constancy. To eat, all you do is add water and make it as thick or runny as you like
- I actually love going to the health food store and standing in front of that little machine and making my own peanut butter. I think it is so fun and such a great way to enjoy peanut butter!
What is your favorite way to enjoy peanut butter? What kinds do you like? Any recipes that are you go to peanut butter recipes? Let me know! I’m dying to hear!