Okay, so, this is my first post and it is a couple of days after Christmas so I only saw it fitting to post my favorite recipe from the holiday season. Now I love baking and I love feeding people so what better way to bake a healthy recipe that when your guest eats it they don’t need to feel guilty about it. Like I’ve said in my “About me” little blurb I’m a health nut, fitness crazed 20 something year old. I spend a lot of my time looking for recipes and trying to figure out how to make them healthy. Well I found a website that basically can do that for me! I love love love http://www.theleangreenbean.com/ the girl has made a huge impact in the twitter world as well as instagram with her “foodie pen pals” and “Elf 4 Health”. But anyway, this is where i found my most favorite baking recipe for the holiday season. drumroll please….”Healthy Peanut Butter Blossoms!!!” yumm
Ingredients (2 1/2 dozen)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
- 2 Tbsp. applesauce
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup peanut butter ( I used Skippy Natural super chunk)
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup oats
- Hershey kisses
1. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a bowl and stir until well combined.
2. Add in the flour, baking powder, and oats and stir until just mixed.
3. Put the bowl in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
4. Roll the dough into small balls and place on a greased baking sheet.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and press a Hershey kiss into each cookie.
7. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and let cool completely